BEHIND THE INTERIOR
Turnkey Interiors – Driven by change & inspired by space.
Turnkey Interiors is a design and build company, specialising in corporate workspace interior design and fit outs. Since launching in May 2001, Turnkey Interiors has grown to become one of South Africa’s leading specialist partners in the interior design services industry.
At Turnkey Interiors, change is the driving force behind every project. Guided by each client’s unique needs, our dynamic team of interior designers create bespoke spaces that are innovative, in line with global and local workspace trends, and are aesthetically pleasing. We create environments that enhance employee engagement and increase productivity.
Turnkey Interiors provide a full turnkey solution for your workspace. Our highly qualified team takes care of the entire process, so that you can focus on your core business requirements – from space planning and design conceptualisation, through to costing, procurement, implementation, and project management.
We are a privately owned company, and our Directors play a key role in the day-to-day running of every aspect of the business. Operating a low overhead business model with strong financial management systems, we ensure that our clients attain value for money across all levels.
Our skilled project management team ensures that our projects run smoothly from site establishment through to snagging and final handover. We work in line with a detailed project strategy to ensure our weekly milestones are met.
- "This letter serves to highly recommend the services of Turnkey Interiors. The Bravo Brands Sleep division recently embarked on a showroom upgrade where Turnkey Interiors was chosen to lead and manage this project. They provided us with innovative design ideas and creatively redesigned the look and layout of our 4 showrooms. The construction and administration services are nothing short of professional and detailed, making a complex renovation seamless and easy to manage. Their knowledge and attention to detail aided in keeping the project time line on track and within budget."
- "We chose TKI after a lengthy period of assessment of a number of potential service providers. This diligence certainly paid off. TKI’s creative team put in a lot of effort and ideas and the quality of the sample visuals and presentations was top class. The contracting process was relatively seamless, but the real eye-opener was the installation teams, who went way beyond the call of duty to try to meet our tight time lines, working over weekends and well into the night on a number of occasions. In summary, a reliable, relatively painless business engagement, which engendered a high degree of trust in the integrity of the TKI management team to deliver on what they promised."
- "The Turnkey team were adept at understanding our requirements and vision. We found the team professional and organised and they delivered the project on time and within our tight budget. We have no hesitation in recommending Turnkey for any similar interior design work."
- "When a staff member’s first comment when walking into their new office is “do I actually work here” you know you have hit the mark. I trust Karen and Turnkey implicitly and will be using them for future projects. They stuck to budget and timelines and kept open communications at all times. They felt like part of our team and we felt part of theirs."
- "Turnkey Interiors was knowledgeable, professional, and communicated well. They made it very clear for us to understand and visualise their design proposal and provided us with a fresh new and timeless workspace that maintains the integrity of the Coty Workplace guidelines. The project was completed on time, and within budget, and we were most impressed with the Turnkey Interiors team from concept to completion. We would therefore highly recommend Turnkey Interiors for their design and build services."
- "From initial meeting and layout to design presentation and 3D renders, Turnkey Interiors quickly understood our requirements. They worked within our budget and designed a modern new workspace for our team."
- "Turnkey Interiors was hired to renovate the interior of our office. Karen and her team undertook first class work and did not quit until everything we asked for was complete to our satisfaction. Turnkey Interiors conducts themselves in a very professional manner and is extremely reliable. We would highly recommend Turnkey Interiors to anyone considering a renovation and we will certainly use them again for any of our future projects."
- "Throughout the tender process to appointment, Turnkey Interiors was knowledgeable, professional, and communicated well. Construction was halted due to Covid-19 lockdown, but they quickly completed the project the moment they were allowed back on site. We were most impressed with the Turnkey Interiors team and would highly recommend Karen and her team to any future clients."
- "As a feminist legal centre that seeks to promote the rights of women, it was important for us as the Women’s Legal Centre to work with a woman led team. WLC was moving offices for the first time in almost yen years and we needed a service provider who understood what it means to work for a non-profit organisation that provided critical support and services to women, and who would find change daunting. From our initial meeting to discuss our needs and those of our clients to the conversations about design and layout, the Turnkey team was excited, confident, reassuring and onboard to meet our needs. We would not hesitate to recommend Karen and her excellent team."
- "Turnkey Interiors demonstrated a professional, pro-active and consistent competence throughout the project period; they were easy to work with and; the office was delivered according to specification. IDNIL Professional Consultants is therefore confident in recommending Turnkey Interiors in rendering turnkey design solutions."
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE TURNKEY INTERIORS
Why it makes perfect sense to use Turnkey Interiors as your trusted commercial interior design and build partner:
20 years of operation – tried, tested, and trusted.
Owner-run and managed business.
Our dynamic team of 30+ employees comprise of designers, project managers, council runners, quantity surveyors, main contractors, joinery manufacturers and shopfitters.
Corporate governance: Health and Safety, tax compliant, BBBEE Level 2, IID Design Agency Member, CIDB Graded 6GB, Green Building Council.
Flexible in terms of services required, price, location, budget estimates, and turnaround time.
Always up to date with global and local trends; what is new in the workplace, what looks good, what to avoid, Green building techniques, where to spend and where not to spend.
Ability to assist in building comparisons, which building option will suit your business best, from both a workflow and budget point of view.
3D visualisations and walk-throughs to assist up front with decision making.
We take full responsibility for our work, our fit out and our delivery, making it easier for our clients to concentrate on their business.
Competitive, detailed and market related costing approach.
Turnkey Interiors – Invest in new ways of working.
Interior design is constantly evolving. No longer is it only about the overall look and feel of the space, but also a clear focus on office efficiency. By encouraging teams to co-inhabit in open spaces, these workspaces promote productivity, innovation, and creativity. New challenges, such as COVID-19 and social distancing, need to be navigated in the workplace and affects the overall design of the space. From the outset, organisations should try to understand what they want to achieve, as space needs to be designed to produce specific performance outcomes – productivity in one space and increased innovation in another.
The right environment can significantly increase sales, decrease staff turnover, and improve creativity and productivity. Offices of the future will offer shared, multipurpose spaces that can be adapted to suit any business transition – from pandemic regulatory restrictions and social distancing to work-from-home rotational structures.
Leaders should encourage change and assist their employees to overcome their resistance to change. Employee connections and a sense of belonging in a workplace remain key to the success of any activity-based working environment.